Canadian Water Polo Hall of Fame
The purpose of the Canadian Water Polo Hall of Fame (CWPHOF) is to recognize the outstanding achievements and contributions of Canadians to the sport of water polo in eight categories:
- Historical Figures or Historical Teams
- Distinguished Alumni
A schedule of inductions planned for 2021 to 2028 can be found at this link.
ELIGIBILITY - CRITERIA FOR INDUCTION TO THE CANADIAN WATER POLO HALL OF FAME
In addition to meeting the criteria for a specific category, a potential inductee must also:
- Possess characteristics and qualities that distinguish them as good role models and excellent representatives of Water Polo Canada.
- Not be a current member of the CWPHOF Committee.
- In the case of an athlete, the individua must have been retired from international play for at least two years.
- In the case of coaches and officials, they must have served as a coach or official for a minimum of 25 years.
Nominations open annually in December and will close roughly two months later, on January 31.
All nominations must include supporting documentation for the nominee, including:
- A current résumé and sporting achievement CV;
- A minimum of one high-resolution digital photograph of nominated person;
- Optional: Newspaper clippings, letters of support and awards certificates
Nominations must be submitted via email to David Hart (email@example.com) and Kathleen Dawson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The CWPHOF Committee may solicit additional nominations if none are received for a particular category.
Nominations that are not selected for induction the same year they were submitted will be kept on file for consideration in future years.
- Each nomination received will be assessed according to a series of objective criteria that have been established by the CWPHOF Committee. A short-list of nominees for each category will be identified and announced annually in March.
- The CWPHOF Committee will choose the final winners by a system of ranked-choice voting.
- The inductees will be announced live, coast-to-coast online in May or June, in conjunction with National Championship League celebrations.
2020 CWPHOF Committee
- David Hart (Chair)
- Kathleen Dawson (Water Polo Canada Liaison)
- Mark Block
- Marie-Claude Deslières
- Bill Meyer
- Noah Miller
- Christine Robinson
- Bill Shaw
- Marilyn Thorington